The reason I NEVER EVER post about these things until we get details is because people flip out thinking the worst. My buddy Amy emailed with the details on the new policy and I think most folks will be OK with the changes. I know so many folks are very resistant to change but I really do feel like the changes in the policy are minimal. I think by spelling out the number of coupons accepted and how you get any cash back offers a more consistent shopping experience!
It looks like the new policy will officially start on 10/1 and you’ll get a grace period until 10/18 to “adjust” to the new policy.
I know the biggies will be the 8 coupon limit and the dollars-off-total-order coupons being limited to one of each per day. I think for folks who do “average” coupon trips will never even feel the effects. The limits may put a kink in the super-couponers trip…but it will likely work towards the average couponer’s advantage as we may see less cleared shelves.
So here it is…check it out then let me know what you think (changes underlined). Note: keep in mind this is not online yet and while from a reliable source…until it’s in print for the masses, I am going to add that this may be subject to change
Publix is committed to helping you save money. We offer weekly specials, buy one get one free promotions, and accept Publix, manufacturer’s, and competitor coupons. When you add all these together, you can see why customers “Love to Save Here.” So that all of our customers can benefit from these deals, we reserve the right to limit purchase quantities.
The types of coupons we accept:
- Manufacturer’s coupons, Publix coupons, Internet coupons, and coupons from nearby competitors (a list of which are posted at each Publix store).
- Coupons from competing pharmacies for prescriptions only.
Our Acceptance Guidelines:
- Acceptance is subject to any restrictions on the coupon.
- We only accept coupons for identical items we sell.
- We only accept a manufacturer’s coupon and either a Publix or a competitor’s coupon on the same item. Maximum of two coupons per item.
- Manufacturer’s digital offers cannot be combined with manufacturer’s paper coupons on the purchase of the same item.
- We do not accept percent-off-items or percent-off-total-order coupons.
- We do not accept coupons that Publix determine to be printed incorrectly. For example, a coupon missing a size requirement or other standard coupon details.
- We do not accept coupons presented via a mobile phone or device.
- We do not accept coupons that appear to be copied. All coupons must be originals.
- For a buy-one-get-one-free (BOGO) offer, each item is considered a separate purchase.
- We limit coupon redemption to eight of the same coupons per day, per household.
- Manager’s approval is needed for individual coupons above $5.
- Dollars-off-total-order coupons will be limited to one Publix and one competitor’s coupon per day, per household. The total order before coupons must be equal to or greater than the combined purchase requirements indicated on the coupon(s) presented. We consider competitor’s coupons for dollars off groups of items to be a dollars-off-total-order coupon and will only allow one per day, per household.
- Money due back to the customer at the end of a transaction involving coupons will only be provided on a Publix gift card.
Our management teams will only issue rain checks for items which ar advertised outside the store at a reduced retail. For example, on radio or TV, or in our weekly ad, co-op ad, mailer, or internet site.
We will only issue one rain check, per day, per household for an item.
We will not issue rain checks for Publix, competitor’s, or manufacturer’s coupons.
Thanks to Amy at Who Said Nothing in Life is Free