This post is sponsored by SC Johnson. All comments and opinions are my own.
What's the first thing you that comes to your mind when you think of the holidays? I am betting that many of you would say—the FOOD!
When families and friends gather for the holidays you know that there will be lots of delicious food involved. While we all love to eat those tasty foods, creating the perfect holiday meal can be very time consuming and stressful for those doing all the cooking!
I have found that providing lots of appetizers to my guests before dinner makes my day a little bit easier. Appetizers are typically easy to put together and they help fill folks up. That way you don't need as much food for the main course.
Fruit & vegetable trays, cheese patters and many simple hors d'oeuvres can be served and don't require any cooking whatsoever. When you already have to spend hours in the kitchen, that can be a blessing.
One of my favorite holiday appetizers is a cheese ball. I usually make it the day ahead of time and simply pull it out right before my guest arrive. Then I just open a box of crackers and I have a tasty snack that keeps my guests happy and occupied. While they are busy snacking, I can finish up in the kitchen without lots of interruptions!
- 2 oz bricks of cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the bacon, pecans, green onion and parsley.
- Add half of the mixture to a larger bowl with the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and ranch dressing mix.
- Stir until combined.
- Shape the mixture into a ball and then roll in the remaining bacon mixture, pressing to coat the ball.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve with crackers and/or veggies.
Try my recipe at your next holiday gathering. Serve on your favorite holiday platter to make it seem a little more festive.
While the food is an important part of the day, it's just one piece to create a successful holiday gathering. Of course you want your home to look, feel, and smell like the holidays too. That's where the new Glade® Winter Limited Edition scents come in. The four new scents will help you bring the fragrance of the season into your home. Welcome your guests with any (or all) of the new scents -
- Happy Glow™ - Apple Cinnamon Scent
- Shimmering Wonder™ - Plum Blossom Scent
- Timeless Joy™ - Woodland Spruce Scent
- Merry Fun™ - Vanilla Scent
Choose your favorites next time you shop at Publix. Be sure to take advantage of the great deals available at Publix. Look for a coupon in the new Advantage Buy flyer and save on your favorite products.
- $2/2 Glade® PlugIns® Scented Oil Refills 2 - 3 ct. or Glade® PlugIns® Scented Oil Holder Twin pack Publix Coupon (value 12/3 - 12/16)
I have more great news! One iHeartPublix reader will get to stock up on their favorite Glade® products to help bring surprising bursts of joy into this stressful, but wonderful time of year. The winner will get a $100 Publix gift card!
Entry is simple! You just need to complete the task below. The random winner will be selected on Friday 12/16 at 11 pm EST. View the Giveaway & Sweepstakes Rules.
- Share your favorite quick and easy holiday appetizers or hors d'oeuvres?