This post is sponsored by Pinnacle Foods. All comments and opinions are my own.
Now I bake up a fair amount of goodies for different occasions. The kids are constantly needing something for school/sports. I also bake for friends and family. Then there are my many get togethers that I host. Plus, on occasion my guys will request that I make something just for them! I probably bake up something at least once or twice each week.
With all that baking, I am always trying new recipes that I find. I have made probably a hundred different cupcake recipes over the years and I can honestly say that this one might be my favorite. It's definitely in my top 5!
These Cinnamon Apple Cupcakes are not your typical cupcake...they have a surprise inside! They start with a Duncan Hines® Classic Yellow Cake Mix but the fun comes in when you add Comstock® Simply Apple slices to the batter.
Those tasty apple slices bake into the cupcake making for a sweet surprise and an incredibly moist cupcake! Topped with the cinnamon sugar flavored frosting, these babies just feel like fall!
These are incredibly simple to make and will be the hit at your next get together. They would also be perfect for any fall festivals that you might be baking for!
Just stop by the Publix baking aisle to get everything you need including Comstock® Simply Pie Filling & Toppings. Each can includes the freshest fruits picked at their peak with no artificial preservatives or color added. You get that homemade taste without all the effort of homemade.
Check out all the varieties available...
- Comstock® Simply Cherry Filling & Topping 21oz
- Comstock® Simply Blueberry Filling & Topping 21oz
- Comstock® Simply Apple Filling & Topping 21oz
- Comstock® Simply Strawberry Filling & Topping 21oz
- Comstock® Simply Peach Filling & Topping 21oz
- Comstock® Simply Raspberry Filling & Topping 21oz
Now is the perfect time to grab a couple of cans of your favorite fillings as we have a Publix coupon that will help you save on your next purchase! Just clip the coupon from the new Advantage Buy flyer and save!
Try this recipe for Cinnamon Apple Cupcakes and then let me know if it makes it into your top 5 too!
- 1 package Duncan Hines® Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1¼ tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 (21 oz.) can Comstock® Simply Apple Filling & Topping
- 1 container Duncan Hines® Creamy Home-Style Classic Vanilla Frosting
- 1 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place 24 paper liners in muffin pan(s).
- Combine cake mix, water, oil, eggs and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed 2 minutes. Spoon batter evenly into prepared pan(s). Top each cupcake with 1 to 2 slices apples.
- Bake 18 to 21 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan and cool completely.
- Blend frosting with brown sugar, vanilla and remaining ¼ teaspoon cinnamon.
- Spread frosting on cupcakes. Dust frosted cupcakes lightly with additional cinnamon if desired.
If you need even more recipe inspiration, visit the Duncan Hines website for tons of other recipe ideas!