If you have a question about couponing at Publix, this is the place to find the answer! Each week I have a little coupon question and answer session here on Ask I Heart Publix. Keep sending in those questions – I love to answer them! Just remember if I didn’t get to your question this week…I will do my best to cover it another week!!
Remember–there is a tab at the top of the site under “About” titled “Ask I Heart Publix” where you can find the questions and answers from past weeks!
Here are this week’s questions:
- Janice wants to know - "Do they require you to have a baby/child of a certain age to sign up for the Publix Baby Club?"
- A reader emailed asking - "If I need an item for my holiday recipe that's not an item that's typically carried at Publix how far ahead do I need to order to have it in time for my family meal?"
- Amy asks - "Is it appropriate to return an item if you didn't like it?" Will Publix give me my money back if I purchase an item that I just didn't like? I hate buying something even with coupons and then finding that I didn't like it!"
1."Do they require you to have a baby/child of a certain age to sign up for the Publix Baby Club?" The club is intended for folks who are expecting and those who have little ones up to age 2. After age 2, I believe the kids transition to the kids club. You can see more about the program over on the Publix page HERE.
2. "How far ahead do I need to order to have it in time for my family meal?" I think it will really depend on the item that you are needing. Publix gets trucks in multiple times per week so I would imagine that you should be able to order about a week before you need it. If it's a really rare item or something that you need a very large amount of you might need to give them a little more notice. You might also ask if there is a seasonal item that you are needing...sometimes those items come in at certain times. I needed chestnuts once and the produce manager was able to tell me the week that they would be available. Just a thought!
3. "Is it appropriate to return an item if you didn't like it?" I don't think Publix offers a taste guarantee on national brand products. It might be a good idea to try new products when you can get them super cheap with a coupon/sale combo just in case you aren't thrilled with them. Often the company will have a taste/money back guarantee but Publix isn't required to give you a refund just because you didn't like the taste. Of course if there was an issue of some sort, they would stand behind what they sell. BUT--Publix does stand behind their own brand items. They will refund your money if you are not completely satisfied with their products! So...you might be better off grabbing the Publix brand. As you might have seen in my Try Me Tuesday posts...we are typically very pleased with the Publix brand items. They are often so similar to the name brands and usually much cheaper!