When you are looking for a change of pace from your standard Taco Tuesday, I have a recipe that will help you kick it up a notch. My Taco Pasta Bake gives you that taco taste that you love in a pasta casserole. It’s quite tasty and super simple to put together.
I usually put mine together early in the day then just toss it in the oven when we are ready for dinner.
Now I have to keep mine mild for the boys but you can easily make this spicy if you’d like. You can use the spicy rotel or even toss in a few jalapeños.
This recipe is part of the Publix Menu Plan For The Week Of 7/17. Here are the other recipes I have shared this week:
- Turkey, Bacon & Cheddar Pull Apart Bread with Fruit
- Cajun Chicken Alfredo – One Pot Wonder!
- Barbecue Chicken Pizza & Side Salad
Taco Pasta Bake
[url href=”https://www.iheartpublix.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/ingredients-1.jpg”][img src=”https://www.iheartpublix.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/ingredients-1.jpg” width=”500″ height=”330″ class=”aligncenter size-full” title=”ingredients”][/url]
- 8 oz tube pasta (ziti, penne, etc), cooked according to package instructions
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 paprika
- 1 can Ro*tel tomatoes
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips or corn chips
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a large skillet, cook the onion and ground beef over medium heat until the meat is browned.
- Drain fat from beef.
- Stir in water, tomatoes, spices, black beans and corn.
- Cook over medium for 5 – 7 minutes then add in the cooked pasta and 1 cup of cheese.
- Pour into a casserole dish and top with the remaining cheese and sprinkle with the crushed chips.
- Bake at 350º F for 20 minutes.