We've been answering questions for Ask I Heart Publix for over three years now, and we've definitely found that some questions keep popping up as new couponers write in. So every month we're going to feature a "Best Of" Ask I Heart Publix, where we post some of our favorite questions and answers from past weeks, months, and years.
Don't worry....we'll still be answering the new questions you guys send in, too, so keep sending in those questions! Just remember if we didn't get to your question this week...we will do our best to cover it another week!!
Don't forget to look under the "About" tab where you can find the questions and answers from past weeks!
Here are this week’s "Best of" questions:
- Has Publix changed their policy about accepting coupons after the fact when you bring in your receipt?
- I noticed a Target brand coupon in the matchups recently. Will my store really take that coupon?
- My store told me they can take manufacturer's coupons within a day or two of expiration...is this true?
- I always enter your giveaways but I never win. Am I just unlucky??
- How does Publix choose which stores to accept as competitors?
And here are the answers!
Michelle: I haven't heard of any changes. Often some stores will make changes as they see fit based on customer activities but as far as I know there have not been any corporate wide changes.
2. Melissa wants to know: Can you use a Target store brand coupons for a Publix store brand? I was wondering because they aren't the same name.
We've answered this question before, but it's probably time for a refresher The Publix Coupon Policy states:
Q: Will Publix accept a competitor’s coupon for a private label item?
A: Yes. We’re happy to accept a coupon for a competitor’s private label product because it’s a chance to introduce you to our terrific Publix brand.
So of course the only real issue is whether your store accepts Target as a competitor. If they do, you should be all set.
If you have a question about a coupon matching for a particular item - for example, if you're not sure that the Target brand and the Publix brand item is the same, your best bet is to ask at the Customer Service desk before you shop.
3. Allie wants to know: Up until last week, I've always been able to use Publix coupons within a day or two of expiration. But last week my store told me they could no longer accept expired Publix coupons at all. Then they told me that they COULD accept expired manufacturer's coupons as long as it was only a day or so after expiration. Did I just run into an Customer Service Manager who was misinformed...or does this sound correct to you?
Christy: This sounds a bit odd to me. From what my stores have told me, it is at their discretion if they choose to take Publix coupons within a day or two of expiration. But I always thought that Publix would not get reimbursed for manufacturer's coupons if they were redeemed after the expiration date. The next time you shop, you might want to talk to a manager about this and get some clarification.
Michelle: I think this one will vary by store. This is one that you will have to confirm at your store. As Christy said, you might want to take to a manager. It could be that the customer service person was a bit confused. My old store would accept Publix coupons a few days expired but NO expired manufacturer's coupons at all.
4. Darienne wants to know: I always enter your giveaways but I never win. Am I just unlucky?
Christy: As you guys know I give Michelle a hand behind the scenes at all the sites, and I have seen a ton of giveaway winners never respond to their "You're a winner!" emails! I would suggest that you ONLY comment using an email address that you check every day - and make sure that you check your spam folder every day too.
Michelle: I always have a winner but often it take lots of emails to get anyone to respond. Like Christy said, be sure and use an email you check often. Many times the giveaways are sponsored and I only have a certain amount of time to get those winners to those sponsors. I will need folks to respond quickly.
My giveaways usually have hundreds if not a thousand or more entries...so while the odds are pretty good, there may only be one winner.
5. Keilah wants to know: I'm wondering if you know anything about how Publix chooses their competitors. My store is across the street from a Fresh Market but doesn't consider them a competitor (the competitors they do accept are miles away). I'm pretty sure that there are other Publix stores that accept Fresh Market as a competitor...so I wonder why this is the case. This isn't a complaint because I really do love Publix - but I'm just curious.
Christy: I am always a little curious about this too. I would ask your store or assistant manager rather than Customer Service staff since the managers might have more information about the original decision about which stores to consider as competitors in your area. If you don't get an answer there, you might call the district manager to see what they have to say. It never hurts to ask...especially when you also express how much you love your Publix :).
Michelle: I have wondered the same as well. I am not sure the rhyme or reason and other folks are in the same boat as you. Many folks have the same issue with Target. Some folks have mentioned that even having them in the same shopping center doesn't guarantee that the coupons will be accepted. I would guess there is some rationale...I am just not sure what that is. Like Christy mentioned, you might ask the manager or DM for your area - maybe they have the scoop?!
I hope our answers to these questions were helpful! Make sure you 'tune in' next week for even more Q&A with I Heart Publix. If you have a question you'd like to see answered, email me at email@example.com. WE COULD REALLY USE SOME NEW QUESTIONS, SO BE SURE TO EMAIL OR COMMENT IF YOU HAVE ONE!