We've been answering questions for Ask I Heart Publix for over three years now, and we've definitely found that some questions keep popping up as new couponers write in. So every month we're going to feature a "Best Of" Ask I Heart Publix, where we post some of our favorite questions and answers from past weeks, months, and years.
Don't worry....we'll still be answering the new questions you guys send in, too, so keep sending in those questions! Just remember if we didn't get to your question this week...we will do our best to cover it another week!!
Don't forget to look under the "About" tab where you can find the questions and answers from past weeks!
Here are this week’s "Best of" questions:
- Does Publix do special orders (ie, bulk orders) for sale items?
- Is it okay to stack a manufacturer's free item coupon with a store coupon?
- I noticed a Target brand coupon in the matchups this week for the Publix Ice Cream sale. Will my store really take that coupon?
- How do I "un-clip" a Digital Coupon?
- How do you know when a coupon resets?
And here are the answers!
1. Cindy wants to know: Does Publix do special orders (ie, bulk orders) for sale items? Sometimes I see BOGO items at stockpile prices after coupons, but I don't want to clear shelves and I have never done this before at Publix. If they do special orders, how far in advance do I need to place my order to get the sale price?
Michelle: Publix will do special orders if they are able. Be aware that they may limit the number of items that you can order and you probably want to make sure the items will arrive before the end of the sale so that you can be assured to get the sale price. The grocery manager should be able to let you know how far in advance to place your order. Publix gets many trucks each week, so you should be able to get your items fairly quickly.
Christy: Yes, Publix will often special order for you. The few times I've special ordered, I've done so either a few days before the sale starts or on the first day of the sale, and my items have always come in before the sale was over.
2. Missy wants to know: Is it okay to stack a manufacturer's free item coupon with a store coupon? I have a manufacturer coupon for free Cottonelle wipes and a Target store coupon for $1.00 off the same item. Can I stack them together since my Publix accepts Target as a competitor?
Christy: There are two ways of looking at this. On one hand, the store could (very reasonably) say that since I'm already getting the item for free they don't need to accept a competitor (or, for that matter, their own) coupon because there is nothing left to discount. On the other hand, Publix will be reimbursed for the full value of the item and honoring a competitor (or their own) coupon is actually only going to put them out $1 in the long run. Either way of looking at this is valid; what really matters is what your store says about this!
Michelle: I think Christy has this one covered. Be sure and ask your store.
3. Melissa wants to know: Can you use a Target store brand coupons for a Publix store brand? I was wondering because they aren't the same name. I noticed it on the ice cream deal for this upcoming week. Thanks!
We've answered this question before, but it's probably time for a refresher The Publix Coupon Policy states:
Q: Will Publix accept a competitor’s coupon for a private label item?
A: Yes. We’re happy to accept a coupon for a competitor’s private label product because it’s a chance to introduce you to our terrific Publix brand.
So of course the only real issue is whether your store accepts Target as a competitor. If they do, you should be all set.
If you have a question about a coupon matching for a particular item - for example, if you're not sure that the Target brand and the Publix brand item is the same, your best bet is to ask at the Customer Service desk before you shop.
4. A bunch of folks wants to know: How do I remove a Publix digital coupon that I've clipped from my list?
Valerie found a great answer for us. Valerie says:
I sent Publix an email about removing the digital coupon from my queue and received the following…
Thank you for your interest in the Publix Digital Savings program! The option to “Unclip” a coupon that you have previously clipped is not available. Once the coupons expire they will come off of the account automatically. We do apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.
The only time this should be an issue is when you "clip" two coupons for the same item with different values (for example, right now I have a $1/1 Jif Hazelnut Spread coupon a $0.75/1 Jif Hazelnut Spread coupon clipped on my account). To be sure the right coupon comes off your account, you'll need to watch the screen carefully and if the wrong value comes off, you can talk to your customer service desk.
5. Jenn wants to know: How do you know when a coupon 'resets'? Do you just try to print it, and if it prints it's been reset?
Christy: It depends on the coupon. For Coupons.com coupons - usually the coupons that stick around for more than 30 days either reset on the first of the month or 30 days after you first print. For coupons on individual company websites - some will reset every 30 days and others will just stick around until they get their individual print limit.
If you have a favorite coupon on a company website, it might be a good idea to try to print it every once in a while just in case it has reset. Otherwise, Michelle will always post if there is a good coupon that has reset - so your best best is to just watch the I Heart Publix feed to know what to print.
Michelle: Yes as Christy explained above it will vary. Some coupons never reset - you get one shot and that's it. Most of the coupons I use are printables. I have learned the hard way to print the ones I think I will use. If I see a coupon I need in a matchup I will just give it a go. Sometimes I am pleasantly surprised and other times I get that dreaded..."you have already printed this coupon" message 😉
I hope our answers to these questions were helpful! Make sure you 'tune in' next week for even more Q&A with I Heart Publix. If you have a question you'd like to see answered, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. WE COULD REALLY USE SOME NEW QUESTIONS, SO BE SURE TO EMAIL OR COMMENT IF YOU HAVE ONE!