If you have a question about couponing at Publix, this is the place to find the answer! Each week my buddy Christy and I have a little coupon question and answer session here on Ask I Heart Publix. Keep sending in those questions - we love to answer them! Just remember if we didn't get to your question this week...we will do our best to cover it another week!!
Remember--there is a tab at the top of the site under "About" titled “Ask I Heart Publix” where you can find the questions and answers from past weeks!
Here are this week’s questions:
- My Publix is limiting all booklets to one per customer. Is this happening at all Publix stores?
- Do you think the potential savings is worth the investment and electricity costs of a deep freezer?
- What do I do if a Digital Coupon comes off my total when I've already used a paper coupon for the same item?
- Are there are different digital coupons available for different people?
- Can we see a picture of your binder?
And here are the answers!
1.Janelle wants to know: I notice Publix stores in my area are holding the booklets behind the customer service desk, and now they are limiting only one booklet per customer. Is this for all Publix stores? Lets say I want four items and the coupon is in the ad...that means I can only get one item at the discount? I was told before they can key the Publix coupon code in the amount of times you have the product, but is seems that now that has changed.
Michelle: All stores really vary but I am sure if you explained that you need multiples they would probably give them to you. I would think if you aren't asking for more than a couple, they'd be happy to give you a couple.
Christy: I have a couple stores in my area that hold booklets and the front and won't give out more than one booklet no matter how nicely I ask :). Unfortunately this is at the store's discretion…however I would say that you might want to nicely explain how many items you want to purchase and ask if there's any way they can give you the right amount of coupons…it can't hurt to ask!
2. Virginia wants to know: My freezer is packed full because of my couponing…but we are always running out of items because I don't have a way to freeze more. Do you think the potential savings is worth the investment and electricity costs of a deep freezer?
Michelle: I went YEARS without a deep freeze and now I just don't know how I survived. At any time I typically have 30 - 40 pounds of meat in my freezer. I was able to combine a sale, with a coupon, plus a gift card I had and also store reward points to get a phenomenal price. It took some patience and planning but it was totally worth it. Do your research and look for a freezer that fits your space, has low operating costs and then work on ways to get it discounted!
Christy: I honestly haven't broken out the expense of electricity for my deep freeze, but I don't know how I would coupon without it! As far as the cost of the freezer itself, you might check out used versus new costs. I got my freezer in like-new condition on Craigslist for $75 over four years ago and it's still going strong.
3. Jenn wants to know: When I was checking over my receipt this past weekend, I noticed that a Publix Digital Coupon came off my total and I had already used a paper coupon for that same item. I know that you're not supposed to be able to use paper and digital coupons for the same item. Is there any way to fix this with my customer service desk?
Christy: I've noticed this happen from time to time too. I think the system just gets "confused" sometimes even though it's not supposed to. You might want to just take your receipt in to your Customer Service Desk and ask if there is anything you should do to let them know when this happens…but I think it is just a random glitch that hopefully they will work out.
Michelle: I noticed it recently too. I am actually kinda glad to hear that I am not the only one. Mine was a doozy as I got an extra $5 with the B2G1 Digiorno coupon/digital coupon. I thought maybe the register got confused as it was a multiple purchase coupon. I had thought to talk to my store to see if they had any insight on this issue. Have you guys noticed that it's a particular type of coupon?
4. Rebekah wants to know: I've seen a number of Publix Digital Coupons in your matchups recently that aren't available to load to my account. Are there are different digital coupons available for different people?
Michelle: As far as I know, all Publix Digital Coupons are available to all shoppers….but only for a certain amount of time. I load all the Publix Digital Coupons to my account and match that huge list to the Publix ad. I think that if you don't load a coupon when it is available, it can "disappear" even though it is still valid….so that may be why you don't see it. I guess maybe digital coupons have a limit too.
Christy: I have gotten in the habit of loading all the Publix digital coupons available every few days as well. I think I have over 400 coupons in my account. Will I ever use them all before they expire? No way. But I've found that I have used a number of digital coupons now that I never would have loaded based on my "usual" purchases. Sometimes a deal pops up for an item that I would never otherwise purchase….if the price is right, I'll grab the deal :).
Plus, I sometimes grab items that we need without consulting my digital coupon list (which is huge!), and I get "surprised" by a digital coupon that I didn't realize that I had. That's always a nice little bonus.
Michelle: I have posted my coupon box before...you can see details here ---> MyCouponKeeper – A Great Way To Organize Your Coupons (Although I do have the bigger one now ----> MyCouponKeeper Review And Giveaway)
I organize my coupons by category...that makes it so much easier for me to flip and see what I need, especially when I am at the store.
I hope our answers to these questions were helpful! Make sure you 'tune in' next week for even more Q&A with I Heart Publix. We are really running low on questions to answer, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered, PLEASE send it in!! Just email me at email@example.com.