I will admit that I am so busy that I don't spend tons of time on Facebook but apparently they changed some algorithm last week. It seems they want pages and business to start paying big bucks in order to reach fans. I guess it's their prerogative, after all I don't pay them anything to have a page so I guess I can't expect them to bend over backwards to make sure folks get the scoop on what I share.
My main focus has been and will always be my websites. I don't plan on paying Facebook massive advertising fees so folks will see my posts.
Now, I know lots of you guys depend on Facebook for a quick update so this is affecting you guys. It seems that there are ways to improve the chances of you getting notices and seeing more posts.
Check out this little step by step guide -
- Like I Heart Publix on Facebook
- Hover over that like button and Make sure "Show In Newsfeed" is checked
- Next, Make sure "Get Notifications" is checked
- Then click "Settings" (under "Show In Newsfeed")
- A new pop up will show up and there you will click "All Updates"
Of course you can always check here on the site for all the latest and greatest deals available at Publix. I share so many good ones each day. I know being able to get quick notification of hot deals and coupons is important to you guys. We all know they can come and go very quickly. Hopefully this helps you guys get those posts back in your feed.
Don't forget, in addition to just visiting the site and Facebook there are other ways to get all my deals.
- Follow me on Twitter
- Subscribe to the daily newsletter - every post comes straight to your inbox
- Consider subscribing via RSS feed. I am a NewsBlur fan and see all my favorite sites in one place.
I know this is frustrating and lots of my blogging buddies are all very upset by the changes. I figure we have to roll with the punches. Who knows Facebook may not even be around a year from now...
Thanks to Kerry at Totally Target for the instructions