If you have a question about couponing at Publix, this is the place to find the answer! Each week my buddy Christy and I have a little coupon question and answer session here on Ask I Heart Publix. Keep sending in those questions - we love to answer them! Just remember if we didn't get to your question this week...we will do our best to cover it another week!!
Remember--there is a tab at the top of the site under "About" titled “Ask I Heart Publix” where you can find the questions and answers from past weeks!
Here are this week’s questions:
- Do Publix Digital Coupons adjust in value depending on how many I buy?
- Do ibotta offers adjust in value depending on how many I buy?
- Did the purchase requirement on the Gas Card coupon change?
- Can I use a $X/$XX coupon along with the gas card coupon?
- My store told me they can take manufacturer's coupons within a day or two of expiration...is this true?
And here are the answers!
Christy: To the best of my knowledge, you can only use the Publix digital coupons once per account. Commenters, have you had a different experience?
Michelle: I have only had them come off one time no matter the quantity I purchase. the following is from the FAQ on the digital coupon site: "The number of times a coupon can be used is up to the manufacturer, but most coupons can be used only once."
Any of you guys had luck getting them to come off more than once?
2. Melissa also wants to know: I have the same question about ibotta - Is the savings for 1 item purchased only, or is it multiplied by the amount you purchase (Save $1 if you buy 1, buy 5 - save $5?)
This one is definite - you can only redeem the ibotta offers once. The only exception is if the same offer pops up for you again after you have completed a redemption - at that point, you can take advantage of the offer again.
Christy: I believe it's been at least six months or so since Publix changed the wording on this coupon. I miss the $25 requirement too :), but I'll take any savings I can get!
Michelle: Yep...the change happened a while back. Then they also limited it to the weekend. Like Christy said...some savings is better than none!
Per the Publix Coupon Policy: "The order total must be equal to or greater than the combined purchase requirements indicated on the coupon(s) presented."
So some stores will require you to spend at least $80 in order to use a $5/$30 Winn Dixie Coupon and a $10/$50 Gas Card coupon. Other stores may see the coupon "attaching" to the gas card and not as a total purchase coupon. You will need to ask your store how they choose to interpret the coupon combination.
5. Allie wants to know: Up until last week, I've always been able to use Publix coupons within a day or two of expiration. But last week my store told me they could no longer accept expired Publix coupons at all. Then they told me that they COULD accept expired manufacturer's coupons as long as it was only a day or so after expiration. Did I just run into an Customer Service Manager who was misinformed...or does this sound correct to you?
Christy: This sounds a bit odd to me. From what my stores have told me, it is at their discretion if they choose to take Publix coupons within a day or two of expiration. But I always thought that Publix would not get reimbursed for manufacturer's coupons if they were redeemed after the expiration date. The next time you shop, you might want to talk to a manager about this and get some clarification.
Michelle: I think this one will vary by store. This is one that you will have to confirm at your store. As Christy said, you might want to take to a manager. It could be that the customer service person was a bit confused. My old store would accept Publix coupons a few days expired but NO expired manufacturer's coupons at all.
I hope our answers to these questions were helpful! Make sure you 'tune in' next week for even more Q&A with I Heart Publix. We are really running low on questions to answer, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered, PLEASE send it in!! Just email me at email@example.com.