Glade Wax Melts – What’s Your Favorite Fragrance?

glade-wax-meltsHave you guys seen the new Glade Wax Melts yet? I got the opportunity to try these out and everyone in my house loves them!

If you haven’t seen them yet you really have to check them out. They are little squares of pressed wax that come in a variety of fragrances. You just pop them in an electric warmer and you get great fragrance that really lasts. Each wax melt last up to 12 hours and the fragrance lingers even after the warmer has been turned off. That means in a box of  8 squares you get up to 96 hours of fragrance!

I used to buy similar products from some of my friends who do those home candle businesses and the Glade Wax melts blows those others out of the water. Plus the Glade Wax Melts include 8 squares instead of 6 AND are a fraction of the price.

Another perk is that the Glade Wax Melts are made from pressed wax, unlike other melts that are made from poured wax. So the Glade melts are dry to the touch – no greasy oily feel like the poured wax type. Plus,the wax melts are individually formed so you don’t have to fumble trying to break them apart. You know what a mess it can be to clean those little chunks of wax that inevitable crack off the block when you try to break a square. No need for any clean up with the Glad Wax Melts. Just take a square from the package, place it in the warmer and that’s it. You have fantastic fragrance with almost no effort.

My husband has been fooled by them twice over the past couple of weeks. The other day he walked in and got all excited because he thought I was making cookies. I looked at him puzzled…then it hit me that I had a vanilla wax melt in the warmer. I thought that was awesome. I want guests to walk in to an inviting smell when they come into my home.

Be sure and grab the printable coupon for $1/2 Glade Wax Melts and head to Publix where you will find the Glade Wax Melts with all the other great Glade fragrances you know and love. You can choose from some great varieties that include:

• Apple Cinnamon
  • Pure Vanilla Joy
  • Hawaiian Breeze
  • Clean Linen

Have you guys tried these yet? What are your favorite varieties? I can’t decide if the Vanilla or the Hawaiian Breeze is my favorite.

This post is brought to you by the folks at SC Johnson. All comments and opinions are my own.

Comments

1. Nicole says

I have not tried them yet but I did see them at my Publix on Wednesday when I shopped. They had a little display with a tearpad of coupons attached for $1/2.

2. Michelle N says

I don’t like them because they are the same scent you can buy in oil, spray etc. Booooring. If they were going to come out with this new type of product they should have had new scents as well.

• Nicole says

Just a guess but I bet they started with just those few tried and true scents. I’d just about guarantee that when the new fall scents come out they will come in these new melts.

3. says

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Glade and Walmart are knock of from Scentsy. I tried them. I tried Scentsy. I ask only that you be careful. Please Google Walmart vs Scentsy. Scentsy has over 80 scents to choose from as well as many other SAFER reasons. A good place to start is the TYPE of wax (ie NO formaldehyde and the next is temperature. Competitors tend to BURN their wax. Scentsy WARMS it. My toddler sticks fingers in the Scentsy wax. I am not asking you to buy simply Be Careful. Scentsy has been in business 10 years.

• Lekisha says

I do use Glade and etc. but I never burn my candles. I use a mug warmer for all my candles. I soak my glass candle jars in water and then scrape off the paper. Once the paper is gone I use Goobgone to get rid of the sticky residue left over. My son is 16 years old so I don’t have to worry about little kids and them dipping their fingers but this method is the best for me because it doesn’t burn my wax it melts or warms it to a liquid and then I pull out the wick and throw it away. I like this way but its just me. My candles last so much longer than lighting the wick.

4. Judy says

I tried the Glade wax melts-Pumpkin Spice. NOT impressed at all. Glade claims they burn for 96 hours which is 12 hours per melt. Mine burned for 4 hours & the scent was gone. Bought them @ Walmart for $2.98. Will not buy again. Will stick w/ScentSationals & Better Homes & Gardens @ Walmart for $2.00. They last a lot longer. Contacted Glade & they’re sending me 3 complimentary coupons for the wax melts. They claim their melts HAVE to be used w/their warmer. Don’t see the difference between theirs & the one I bought at Yankee Candle. Go figure ! Also, they need to expand their choice of fragrances if they want to compete with the others out there.

5. marie says

I tried the new Glade wax melts because I have purchased scentsy in the past from a friend who sells it, and it can be a little pricey. The glade melts don’t smell nearly as good as some of the scentsy products i have tried, and they certainly don’t have the selection. Also, where I live the glade warmer (there is only one blue style i have ever seen in the store) is not that nice looking and of course you can get tonnes of different options with scents (although you will pay for it). All in all – glade has a good price, but the product is sub-par and the selection sucks!

6. Sharon young says

I tried the glade wax melts the sent does not last or smell half as good as scentsy. I can smell the scentsy wax even when the warmer is off. So as far as cost, you get what you pay for.

7. wesley says

I get a headache when I burn the glade wax melts, But when I burn Yankee candles I dont get a headache, why is that?? I like the Yankee candles better than the melts. Would soy melts be easier on my headache??