Chalis emailed to remind us that Zaycon is back with ground beef. I had already placed my order and will be grabbing a big box in just a couple of weeks.
I am just about out of ground beef and struggled if I wanted to grab a box right before we moved but I really need it. It’s going to be interesting having to move all of my food. I have to admit I am not looking forward to it…but we still have to eat and I’d rather grab a deal while I can.
Here are the details:
- LFTB Free (no pink slime)
- The beef cattle have a grass diet which is supplemented by grain after they reach approximately 700 pounds.
- There are no hormones or antibiotics in the beef and it is 100% grown in the USA.
- There are no chemicals, additives or water added to meat during processing.
- Processed at a USDA-inspected, state-of-the-art plant employing strict operating protocols (including HACCP) and the highest in food-safety standards
- Prior to processing, inspectors from the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service randomly sample cattle under a monitoring plan and perform testing for antibiotic residues.
- USDA nutrition labeling standards defines “extra lean” and “lean” ground beef based on the lean/fat ratio. While not part of these guidelines, the term “super lean” is often used in the grocery sector to describe ground beef at the upper end of the “lean” category (i.e., “Zaycon Foods 93/7 Super Lean Ground Beef”). This ground beef product is 93% lean and 7% fat
- Comes in a 40-lb case with four 10-lb chubs per case
- Just $3.49/lb
Head over and grab your case if you need it.