Products for this recipe sponsored by Good Cook
Welcome to this week’s Publix Super Meals. Each week I am going to share a recipe to help you take the Publix Super Deals and turn them into Publix Super Meals!
With the sale on pasta this week, I thought I’d share a family favorite – Spaghetti Pie.
This is a super easy recipe and a nice break from your everyday spaghetti dinner. The best part is that you can modify it by changing it up to suit your taste. Don’t want to make your own sauce? No problem, use a jar of sauce. You can use beef, chicken, sausage or leave the meat out all together. Really the options are endless.
Here is my family’s favorite version –
- ½ pound ground beef
- ½ pound sausage
- 1 small onion chopped
- ½ cup bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 3 oz tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 oz spaghetti, cooked & drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet cook the beef, sausage, onion, garlic and bell pepper until meat is cooked through.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, salt, pepper & Italian seasoning to meat mixture and simmer for 5 minutes then set aside.
- In a large bowl, add butter to cooked spaghetti and then mix with parmesan cheese and eggs.
- Place spaghetti mixture into a buttered 9" pie plate, pushing the noodles up the side of the dish to form a crust.
- Spread ricotta cheese over spaghetti, followed by meat mixture then top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Here are the items in the Publix ad to help you whip this up at a fantastic price. You can put this one together for well under $10. I bet you guys already have many of the items in your refrigerator/pantry. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Barilla Pasta, 12 to 16 oz, (Excluding Plus and Lasagna) BOGO $1.23
Barilla Pasta Sauce, 24 oz, BOGO $2.59
Vidalia Sweet or Red Onions, $0.99/lb
Belgioioso Mozzarella Cheese, 16 oz, BOGO $8.19
- Cutting Board, 10″ x 15 1/2 “
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoons
- 3 piece Mixing Bowl
- Nylon Spaghetti Server
- Handy Grater
- “Classic” Nonstick Sauce Pan
- Ceramic Pie Plate
Keep in mind that Publix carries a huge variety of Good Cook products. You can find a large selection of tools and cookware throughout the store. I am a huge fan of the ceramic bakeware and you can pick it up at Publix! They have everything from the pie plate above, as well as the big casserole dishes and the small ramekins – all at a great price.