Welcome to this week’s Publix Super Meals. Each week I am going to share a recipe to help you take the Publix Super Deals and turn them into Publix Super Meals!
You guys are going to want to fire up your grill and whip up a batch of Bacon Wrapped Teriyaki Chicken with Pineapple. These kabobs are out of this world delicious. Put a big plate of kabobs down for guests and you can bet that that the platter will come back empty.
Wrapping the chicken with bacon ensures that the it stays incredibly moist. Plus, it’s chicken wrapped in bacon – that’s a combination made in heaven. Then of course there is the sweetness of the pineapple and teriyaki sauce…is your mouth watering yet?
There’s really nothing to putting these together. Wrap chicken chunks in bacon, skewer them, add pineapple and repeat. Throw on the grill and brush with a teriyaki glaze and dinner is on the table in about 10 minutes.
Now, you could buy a bottle of teriyaki glaze if you want to put these together quickly but I have a phenomenal teriyaki sauce/glaze that is so easy to prepare. You really should consider taking the extra 5 minutes to whip some up. I promise you will not regret it. You can see the recipe on my newest site – I Heart Kitchen.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, cut into large cubes
- pineapple chunks
- [url href=”http://iheartkitchen.com/homemade-teriyaki-sauce/” target=”_blank”]1/4 cup teriyaki sauce[/url]
- sesame oil
- [url href=”http://iheartkitchen.com/homemade-teriyaki-sauce/” target=”_blank”]1/4 cup teriyaki glaze[/url]
- Mix teriyaki sauce and sesame oil into a large bowl.
- Pour mixture over chicken breast chunks, cover and marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut bacon package into three equal sections.
- Wrap one piece of bacon around a chunk of chicken and skewer.[br][url href=”https://www.iheartpublix.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/skewer-3.jpg”][img src=”https://www.iheartpublix.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/skewer-3.jpg” alt=”” width=”450″ height=”312″ class=”aligncenter size-full wp-image-168001″][/url]
- Add a chunk of pineapple to skewer, repeat with bacon wrapped chicken and then pineapple until skewer is full.
- Place skewers on a hot grill.[br][url href=”https://www.iheartpublix.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/grilled-kabobs.jpg”][img src=”https://www.iheartpublix.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/grilled-kabobs.jpg” alt=”” width=”500″ height=”251″ class=”aligncenter size-full wp-image-168002″][/url]
- Grill for approximately 10 minutes or until done, turning frequently.
- Before removing from the grill baste with teriyaki glaze and cook an additional 1 – 2 minutes.
- Remove from grill and serve with steamed rice or noodles.
With the sale at Publix you can whip these delicious kabobs up without breaking your budget. These would be a perfect addition to your 4th of July cookout.
Publix Split Chicken Breast, $1.99/lb
Oscar Mayer Bacon, 16 oz, 2/$8
Dole Fruit 23.5oz jar, 2/$5
Keep in mind that Publix carries a huge variety of Good Cook products. You can find a large selection of tools and cookware throughout the store. Can’t find what you are looking for, head over to GoodCook.com and you can get everything you need at a fantastic price!