Menu Plan 1/29 – What’s For Dinner?

menu planI told you guys this weekend that I picked up a couple of pork tenderloins since I found those fabulous Publix coupons. Well, my friend told me that i just had to try the recipe she uses called “Perfect Pork Tenderloin“. ¬†You guys know I like to try new recipes…so I checked out the link she sent.

I looked at the recipe and saw it had 4.75 stars from over 200 reviews. I was excited…then I read the recipe. It was by far the craziest thing I have ever heard. Basically you throw some seasoning on your tenderloin and you cook it for 5 1/2 minutes. Yes, you read that correctly…I told you CRAZY!

Of course I started reading all the reviews and everyone commented that they were skeptical but after trying the recipe, they were thrilled. So I opened up my tenderloins and gave it a try. The two in the pack were a combined weight of 1.99 pounds and I decided to cook both at once. The neat thing about the recipe is that you can cook up as many tenderloins as you want at once. As long as they are not touching, you only cook them for the same amount of time as if you were cooking one.

I even followed the recommendation to toss my potatoes in the oven while the pork was cooking. I set my timer for 5 1/2 minutes and crossed my fingers. Once the timer went off, I turned off the oven and in an hour I had the best pork (and potatoes) ever!!

If you need a super easy meal and you grabbed some of the pork on sale at Publix – you should give this one a try!

Monday
Perfect Pork Tenderloin
Roasted Purple Fingerling Potatoes
Kale Chips
Butter Beans

Tuesday
Chicken Satay w/ Peanut Butter Sauce
Roasted Buttercup Squash
Green Beans

Wednesday
Cuban Sandwiches
Arroz Congri (Cuban Rice and Black Beans)

Thursday
Beef & Potato Casserole
Warm Spinach Salad

Friday
Spaghetti Squash with Feta, Sauteed Onions & Peppers and Italian Sausage Crumbles
(Regular Spaghetti for the boys)

Sunday
Vietmanese Chicken Salad

What’s on your menu plan this week? Do you have a crazy recipe to share? I am always looking for new recipes! Share your menu or recipes in the comments.

Comments

1. Kristin says

We have several”banquets” for various sports teams this week – so I am either not cooking or making a pot luck dish. However – I am planning a breakfast for dinner with some Krustez Honey Wheat pancake mix I got at Kroger in the mega sale – I have not tried it (or this brand for pancake mix) I couldn’t resist it – it looked so yummy. Then I’m doing some grilled chicken, brown rice and fresh fruit on another day.

2. Amy says

I am defrosting my pork tenderloins now and making Perfect Pork Tenderloins tonight. :D I have a question though. I have two tenderloins that are 1.10 lbs each. Would I cook them for about 6 mins total? I’ve read the recipe 3 times and for some reason I’m struggling to understand. It just sounds strange. I just want to make sure I do it correctly. If anyone can assist…thank you! :D

3. Linda Burgoyne says

I look forward to seeing what is on your menu’s every week. I am always looking for some new recipe to try. The Vietnamese chicken salad recipe looks easy even though it seems to have quite a few ingredients in it. I already have the fish sauce and several others, so I may try this one.

The perfect pork tenderloin recipe is one I have seen before, but I have been too much of a chicken to make it. I may give it a whirl yet. Thanks for the inspiration!

4. Ally says

I know for me I was beyond nervous when I had tried to cook a pork loin that way the first time, and it didn’t help that all I heard from my hubby for an hour was “you’re nuts”, but I will not cook my roasts or loins any other way anymore! I have never ever had such a perfectly cooked loin before then, and I have not once had an under or overcooked roast or loin since I found the “right” way to cook these tricky cuts of meat.

Be brave ladies and gents, try it once and bask in the “oh wow” comments you get when it’s all eaten up :)

5. Kristin says

How in the world can one lb of meat cook at 500 degrees for 5.5 hours and not burn up to just ashes? Did I read the recipe wrong?

6. Amy says

Ok, I’m a convert. ;) This was the absolute BEST pork tenderloin ever! When I turned the oven off after 6 mins I almost had a panic attack…it looked completely raw when I viewed it through the oven door! :o I immediately thought about visits to the E.R. later. But no…it comes out very moist and tender. Everyone snapped it up. Oh, and I made a spice rub to coat it with first which included, salt, pepper, season salt, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, McCormick’s Italian herb grinder and Bad Byron’s Butt Rub. (it’s a rub for Boston Butt roasts but it’s good to use on any pork product really) I urge everyone to try this recipe…it will not disappoint! :D

• says

Amy – I knew you would love it.
      How easy was that…seriously I’m never making it another way AGAIN!!!

btw…I did a very similar rub , S&P, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cumin and cajun seasoning…OH…SO….GOOD!!!

• Amy says

I think that was the easiest meal I’ve made in months. ;) We’ll probably have the little bit that’s leftover on buns tonight with BBQ sauce. Gotta love a meal that does double duty. :D

7. crazedmommyof3 says

I have never tried the pork recipe that you have mentioned, but I once had Thanksgiving Dinner at a friends house and they cooked the turkey in the same way! I don’t have the exact recipe with me now but it was similar…something like cook the turkey for one hour at 500 degrees then turn off oven and leave *untouched!* for 10 or so hours. It was without a doubt the absolute best turkey I have had in my life!

8. viviana says

After reading this post I had to try this. Since I had the pork coupons i went to publix and grabbed 2. This will definitelly be in my menu for next week. Thanks a lot!!!