We've been answering questions for Ask I Heart Publix for over two years now, and we've definitely found that some questions keep popping up as new couponers write in. So every month we're going to feature a "Best Of" Ask I Heart Publix, where we post some of our favorite questions and answers from past weeks, months, and years.
Don't worry....we'll still be answering the new questions you guys send in, too, so keep sending in those questions! Just remember if we didn't get to your question this week...we will do our best to cover it another week!!
Don't forget to look under the "About" tab where you can find the questions and answers from past weeks!
Here are this week’s "Best of" questions:
- Are rain checks store specific?
- How many emails do you get every day?
- On the I Heart Publix forum I've seen people mention sending expired coupons to military bases. Can you give some details about this?
- What exactly does the phrase “Limit one deal per coupon per customer” mean on the Publix store coupons?
- What’s the best total you ever had at the grocery store?
And here are the answers!
1.Danielle wants to know: Are rain checks store specific? Sometimes there is a stamp on the back of them which store they are from. I'm wondering if they have to be used at that store or if that is just a suggestion and they can be used at any Publix.
Christy: I have a number of stores in my area (and a few that I shop regularly), and I've always been able to use my rain checks at any store. I've even used a rain check out of town without any problem! However, as always, I'd suggest that you double-check with your customer service desk before you shop with a rain check from a different store for the first time, just to be sure!
Michelle: Ask your store. I think that they should be used at the store where the rain check was written...after all that was the store that did not have enough product in stock.
2. The fantabulous Happy wants to know: How many emails do you get in a day? I assume you are not able to respond to all of them. How do you manage it all?
Since I have three sites...I have three email accounts. I also have a giveaway-winners only account and two personal accounts to keep up. So I can get anywhere between 400 -1000 emails each day! I try to respond or post as much as I possibly can. Sometimes things get lost but I do the best I can 🙂
3. Michele wants to know: On the I Heart Publix forum I've seen people mention sending expired coupons to military bases. Can you give me some details about this? What are the rules, i.e. only manufacturer q's? Where can you find out where in your area to send them?
Michelle: There are many sites that "sponsor" overseas military bases. You can check out the Overseas Coupon Program for a list of bases and all the FAQ's. Grab a bunch of your buddies and go in together to get as many coupons shipped and share the cost!!
If you have a base you want to share, leave the info in the comments!
4. Sherri wants to know: What exactly does the phrase “Limit one deal per coupon per customer” mean on the Publix store coupons? Can I use only one of these coupons per shopping visit or can I still use one coupon per item during my shopping trip?
Christy: I read the phrase "Limit one deal per coupon per customer" to mean that you must have two coupons in order to take advantage of two deals, three coupons to take advantage of three deals, etc. I've used multiple coupons that say this in a single order numerous times before and I've never had a problem with it!
Michelle: This one is up for interpretation and can vary based on where you place the emphasis and you will likely get different answers based on who you ask! Personally I agree with Christy. I know the "per customer" addition to the phrase can throw people off. As always it is best to ask your store!
Christy: I actually had a negative total a couple years ago. I had planned to buy a few things that would have absorbed my overage, but they were out of stock so I had to wing it at the store - and they actually paid me to leave!
I even asked the customer service manager if they were SURE they wanted to 'reimburse' me because I would have been just fine leaving with a $0 balance, but he assured me that it was fine and I walked out with my items and 31¢ in my pocket!
Michelle: I am not sure exactly when it was but I remember getting almost $500 worth of groceries for under $10 out of pocket...that was a good week 😀
I hope our answers to these questions were helpful! Make sure you 'tune in' next week for even more Q&A with I Heart Publix. If you have a question you'd like to see answered, email me at [email protected]