I have made so many delicious recipes over the past couple of weeks and I am just getting started. The temperature is just stating to fall a bit here in Atlanta. For the next 3 or 4 months I will have my crockpot going several times per week. I typically cook up at least one batch of dry beans every week in the fall and winter.
Not only is this incredibly economical but it allows you so many options with very little effort. With a little planning you can easily get 2 - 3 meals with one batch of cooked beans. That is a whole lot of food for just $2.99! I usually serve them as a side dish, then they go in a soup/stew/chili and finally the rest are used in a cold salad or casserole. This is one of my favorite ways to stretch my budget and also keep my time in the kitchen to a minimum.
With Hurst Family Harvest, you have so many options. If you are not feeling creative, just grab a bag and follow the super simple recipe that is on the back of each bag.
I had a buddy email to remind me that these beans are also fantastic for folks with food sensitivities. When you cook Hurst dry beans - you get to control all the seasoning! Beans are a whole food and the seasoning packet included in Hurst beans is all natural.
I have some readers who will get a chance to cook up some Hurst Family Harvest beans very soon! Here are the winners from the third round of giveaways:
$100 Publix Gift Card Winner:
- AC ([email protected])
$30 Publix Gift Card Winners:
Hurst Family Beans Variety Box Winners:
The folks at Hurst want to give even more I Heart Publix readers the chance to win big!
How about one more round of prizes?!
The slogan over at Hurst Family Harvest is “Beans For Every Table”. So how about some for your table?! Six I Heart Publix readers will have the chance to put some of the Hurst Family Harvest beans on their table with the following prizes:
- One winner will get a $100 Publix Gift Card!
- Two winners will get a $30 Publix Gift Card!
- Three winners will get a variety box of Hurst Family Beans!
Entry is simple! You just need to complete the task below! You can gain a bonus entry as well (just make sure that you leave one entry for each — up to a total of 2 comments.) As a reminder, comments left on Facebook, Twitter or other posts will not be included. I will choose the winners on Sunday 10/28 at 11:59 pm EST.
- I hope lots of you guys have had the chance to check out the Hurst Family Harvest Beans - If not, what are you waiting for? Tell me what you liked best about the beans (there are so reasons to love these beans!) Was it the price, the ease of preparation, the taste, the varieties, or was it everything? Share your love for Hurst Family Harvest Beans in the comments.
- Head over and “like” Hurst Family Harvest on Facebook.
Disclosure: This giveaway is sponsored by the folks at Hurst Family Harvest. All comments and opinions are my own!