Details Added To The Official Publix Coupon Policy

publix-dealI have to admit I have not checked the Publix coupon policy on their page for a while. Happy alerted me to Johne’s post in the I Heart Publix forum from a few days ago. Publix has added a Q&A section which clears up some of the grey coupon areas. I have to admit I am VERY happy to see this spelled out so clearly…it is actually should make our experience at the register much easier!

There is one item on the list that will mean the way I present deals will be slightly different. They now spell out that a BOGO coupon attaches to  both items so from now on I will list any deals accordingly to ensure we are abiding by the Publix policy. I am very excited about a few of these answers – especially their acceptance of private label item coupons!

Buy One Get One Coupons
Q: A competitor has a “buy one get two free” coupon. Will Publix accept it?

A: Publix accepts BOGO and buy one get two free coupons if they’re for identical merchandise Publix sells.

Dollars-Off-Total-Order Coupons
Q: What should the acceptance criteria be for a coupon that states $40.00 purchase must be met after all other coupons/discounts have been applied. Not valid on purchases of stamps, gift cards, alcohol or tobacco products.?

A: Our policy states that coupon acceptance is subject to any restrictions on the coupon, so in this case we’d use the more restrictive limitations printed on the coupon.

Q: A competitor on a store’s approved list is offering a $5.00 off a $25.00 order coupon when a customer signs up to receive communications from them. Will Publix take this coupon?

A: Yes. Since they have already signed up with the competitor to receive this coupon, the only requirement left to comply with is purchasing $25 worth of groceries.

Q: Will Publix accept a competitor’s coupon that indicates the customer must present their retailer rewards card to use the coupon?

A: Yes. Publix does not have a reward card but would honor this coupon if they meet the other purchase requirements.

Coupon Stacking
Q: Can a store coupon, competitor coupon, and manufacturer’s coupon all be used for one item?

A: No, a manufacturer’s and a Publix or competitor coupon, but not both, may be used.

Q: If an item already has a manufacturer’s coupon attached to it, will Publix still take an additional manufacturer’s coupon on the item?

A: No. Publix will take an additional Publix or competitor coupon but will only take one manufacturer’s coupon for an item, regardless of where the coupon came from.

Q: A customer has a “save $1 off the purchase of two items” manufacturer’s coupon. Can another manufacturer’s coupon be used for either of these items?

A: No. When the manufacturer issues a “$1 off the purchase of two items” coupon, it requires the purchase of two items. Therefore, a coupon has already been applied to both items. This is because the customer had to purchase both items to meet the coupon’s requirements.

Q: A customer has a BOGO manufacturer’s coupon. Can another manufacturer’s coupon be used for either of these items?

A: No. When the manufacturer issues a BOGO coupon, it requires the purchase of two items. Therefore, a coupon has already been applied to both items. This is because the customer had to purchase both items to meet the coupon’s requirements.

Gift Card Coupons
Q: Will Publix accept a competitor coupon for a free $5 gift card with the purchase of an item or items? (For example, a coupon for “buy both Raid Max Bug Barriers 1 gallon starter kit and refill” and receive a $5 store gift card.)

A: Yes, the customer will receive a $5 Publix gift card if we carry the identical items.

Pharmacy Coupons
Q: Does Publix accept prescription coupons from all pharmacies or only from our listed competitors?

A: Publix accepts coupons for prescriptions from all local retail pharmacies.

Rain Checks and Coupons
Q: A customer presents a rain check and a coupon for an item. The coupon is now expired, but was valid on the date the rain check was issued. Can the coupon still be accepted?

A: Yes.

Private Label
Q: Will Publix accept a competitor’s coupon for a private label item?

A: Yes, this is an opportunity for us to introduce our customer to Publix brand products.

So what do you guys think…happy, sad, mad?? Will it impact your shopping habits?

Comments

1. Nicole says

Ok, so does this mean that if I have a Kroger coupon for one free private selection frozen vegetable (for example) i can grab a bag of Publix frz veggies and they’ll honor the coupon?

• Leslie Pullen says

Yes I work at publix and if you Have a coupon for kroger brand aka their private selection then you can use it on publix brand

• Crazedmommyof3 says

Oh I am beyond thrilled about the “private label” coupons! Target has so many of their private label printables that will pare up very nicely with Publix brand, especially since Publix brand is cheaper than most Target brand items! I wonder, though, if they would allow it on free items, such as the “buy theirs, get ours free”?

• Lisa says

Crazed, I also work at Publix (at the Customer Service Desk), although I probably don’t say often enough that I don’t officially speak for Publix. Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, in your scenario, I’d say if the “Buy theirs, get ours free” special is a *sale* rather than a *coupon*, then yes, you can use your Target brand coupons on the items. IF you meet all other conditions on the coupon, such as package size, flavor, etc.

• Angela says

OMG – love it three!! I have been making extra trips to the other stores to use the coupons. This is AWESOME!

2. says

I *love* that last one! I get coupons for a local competitor’s house brand all the time but I have to go out of my way to go to that store. Now I can use my coupons at Publix! The rain check answer is also really nice! And overall, I love seeing it all spelled out like that – it reconfirms my choice to use Publix for most of my shopping.

3. roxy says

I’m glad they took their time to clarify so many details.
    I still have a question though. I’m still confused about using a BOGO Publix coupon with manufacturer coupons. Can you use 2 manufacturer ones or just 1? My store will only take 1. I guess it makes sense, since the second one is free anyway.

And another thing. Does the last answer mean that I can use a Target coupon for their brands at Publix and buy the same item?

• Jennifer says

If Publix is offering a BOGO with no coupon required, you can use 2 coupons (1 for each item). If you have a coupon that gives you a BOGO (a free item with purchase), according to this, you would not be able to use another coupon for the “free” item. I’m not sure when they changed this policy, though, because my stores have always allowed me to use 2. Lucky me, I guess.

On the second question, it sounds like we would be able to use Archer Farms and Market Pantry coupons for Publix brand items, which is awesome.

• Lisa says

Roxy, when we were trained on the new coupon policy last year (I work at the Publix Customer Service desk, but don’t officially speak for Publix here), our store manager explained that Publix is reimbursed the full amount (plus the handling fee) for each mq it accepts, regardless of how much you actually forked over in cash for the item. So Publix is happy to accept mq’s for the free item of a BOGO sale. Give the refinements to the coupon policy a little while to trickle down to the stores, and then if your store is still only allowing one mq for a BOGO, then I’d print out the Q&A page from Publix.com and take it to the store manager. This one is definitely worth fighting for!

4. Shawn says

In reference to the ‘private label’ one, does this mean that if our Publix accepts Target as a competitor, we could use, for instance, use Target coupons for Market Pantry products (this is a Target private label, right?) on Publix brand items of the same kind? (pasta, ice cream etc)

5. April M. says

I always appreciate a clarified coupon policy. I am glad to hear an expired coupon is ok with a raincheck as long as the coupon was not expired at the time the raincheck was given for the item.

6. says

I did not know about the pharmacy coupons. I also did not know about expired coupons and rain checks. That one is awesome! I think the BOGO revision is fair. It was bonus that we used to get to use a second coupon, really.

Thanks for the post!

• Crazedmommyof3 says

I’m glad to see more specific rules, but I am bummed about the MQ BOGO. I have a few MQ B3G1 and .75/1 coupons for Stove Top stuffing that I have been holding onto for months waiting for a BOGO Publix sale. It would have potentially been a small money maker, which many of us count on to stay on budget. True that these coupons (BOGO or B3G1) don’t come often, but I used to do a little happy dance when they came along

7. Carolann says

I knew about all of these, but I am not in agreement with their policy on the BOGO manufacturer’s coupon point. If you purchase the one item, and by purchasing THAT item, you get another item for free, shouldn’t that BOGO coupon be applied to the free item. You are, after all, purchasing one in order to get another. So logic tells me that the BOGO coupon applies to the free item, and a cents off coupon could apply to the one you are actually purchasing. The only way I would agree with this policy is if the manufacturer’s BOGO coupon clearly states on it, ‘Not to be used in conjunction with any other coupon.’ Just my opinion.

• Gerrie says

I also agree!!! The BOGO coupon attaches to the 2nd item because that’s the dollar amount they write on the coupon to get reimbursed.

• Crystal says

Look at it this way. If you were buying 1 item & you had a manufacturer coupon for $1/1, you could only use 1 manufacturer coupon to get $1 off. With the BOGO coupon, you’re buying 1 item & getting the 2nd for FREE! That’s your discount. So instead of your out of pocket amount decreasing, you’re taking home a FREE item!

I’ve never thought it appropriate to use a 2nd manufacturer coupon with a manufacturer BOGO coupon.

• Karen says

My Publix had always interpreted it your way. I believe the problem comes from the manufacturer who wants us to purchase both items with just one Q. Let’s keep in mind that Publix has to document that the number of items sold matches the coupons they redeem. I’m gratefull that up to this point, Publix has been so lenient. They are the only store that had ever interpreted BOGO Qs in this way. Please don’t give your store a hard time since this is clearly spelled out in their policy. As we can see, Publix still has the most generous coupon policy of any store I know.

• Carolann says

Gracious! I would never give them a hard time. They are the BEST store out there, hands down. I <3 Publix!!! :-)

8. Danielle says

I had been told no to the pharmacy coupons and private label coupons in the past at my local Publix. So according to this they accept them.

• Brigitte says

I am wondering if they will accept it only if the other store is a competitor to them. My store doesn’t take target therefore I don’t think they will take it. But if WD, Aldi, Save a lot, or Bravo have something like this they would take it.

9. Joy says

The only thing that will change for me is the exclusion for using an additional MQ w/ a bogo MQ. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. =) I’m so happy though that my store has been honoring each of the additional clarifications already. My store is awesome!

• Crystal says

I’ve never thought it was appropriate to use a 2nd manufacturer coupon with a manufacturer BOGO coupon.

10. Angela says

Don’t like the manufacture BOGO rule. Where in the coupon does it state I must pay full price for the one I purchase? In the long run, it really won’t matter much to
    Me because I don’t often use this type of coupon.

• Crystal says

I have never thought it was appropriate to use a 2nd manufacturer coupon with a manufacturer BOGO coupon.

11. Patrick says

Yeah for the private brands!

Target’s private brands include

Archer Farms (assorted items)
    Market Pantry (assorted items)
    Choxie (chocolate)
    Sutton & Dodge (meats)
    Wine Cube (wine)

Also yeah for the first one (No more questions about the Albertson’s meat coupons!)

I’m printing this policy off and keeping it with me.

12. Ali says

I love the raincheck paired with the expired coupon. This happens to me all the time and now I can still use my coupons. WOOT!! I also like using store coupons for publix branded items.

13. says

I like the past-expiration thing on rain checks.

I also like the private label thing as Target has lots of coupons on Market Pantry products. I remember asking a manager about this about a year ago and they didn’t allow this. This is a good change.

I’m kinda disappointed with the BOGO thing. I got a warranty replacement coupon for my Swiffer Wetjet (the handle broke off ) that I was planning to combine with the “free refill wyb a Swiffer Wetjet” coupon. It isn’t too big of a deal as I don’t do those kinds of transactions frequently. It’s actually quote rare.

14. karol says

These are very lenient policies. I cant’ believe someone thought they should be able to use a coupon with a BOGO when you are already getting 1/2 off. My family many years ago ran a small rural store, and grocery markups are not that high, so profit margin is quite low. Publix is being more than fair, good job Publix

• Doug says

I disagree. The store would still get that money back from the mfg. That specific rule change/clarification does nothing for the store but takes away an opportunity for us to save on the first item — even worse if it’s a B2G1 or B3G1!

• johne says

I do not think you can state definitively that Publix would get the money back from the manufacturers. They can be required to show sufficient stock on hand. Therefore, they would be dependent on a person buying the same product without a coupon. Granted, plenty of people shop without using coupons so the odds are Publix would get reimbursed. Just remember Publix or any other store is not required to accept coupons. They are taking a risk accepting the coupon that they will be reimbursed. Publix will not come back to the person that used a coupon that did not clear and ask for their money back. Publix is entitled to accept any and all coupons on their terms. Publix’ coupon policy is still by far the best out there.

• Lisa says

Doug, I’m not sure I’m following you. If an item is on sale BOGO and you have a BOGO mq or competitor q, you get 2 items for free. That’s the way it’s been since they implemented the new coupon policy last year, and I haven’t read anything that leads me to believe that’s changed. Maybe I’m just not understanding what you’re saying…

• Nicole says

The way I read this is; if Publix has the item BOGO you can still use one q for each item…the only time it is differnt is if you have a BOGO manufactures q

15. Jennifer says

The bogo rule is fair I mean they already.offer us so much at Publix. I am just glad to have them so I could read all of them!

16. Jennifer says

I ran into an interesting situation today. I had an Alberton’s coupon for an item for $1.99 each and Publix had the item for $2.99 each but it was BOGO. Originally they weren’t going to give me both offers but after talking with a customer service manager, he gave me the item for $1.99 with BOGO. I was surprised I had an issue, though. I’ve used Alberton’s coupons before on things that Publix had on BOGO and received both the lower price and the BOGO. Has anyone else encountered this?

• says

My Publix (and I think most stores) wouldn’t have honored the $1.99 price coupon at all as they would consider it price matching, and not a regular ‘cents off’ type of coupon.
      How nice that yours does though, and with a bogo!!

• Jennifer says

It was an actual coupon. Albertson’s does that sometimes which is AWESOME!! At first, the clerk didn’t want to take the coupon because she thought it was a price match, but it’s an actual coupon giving the item for the specified price. Wal-Mart will only take competitor coupons like that (ones that have a specific price on them), but I’d rather shop at Publix than Wallyworld anyday!

• Sarah says

It doesn’t matter that it was an actual coupon. Publix policy states that it needs to be a cents off coupon.

• johne says

I am sorry, you are not correct-the policy states they will not accept a percent off coupon-it says nothing about only accepting a cents off coupon and not a stated price coupon.

• Faith says

Sarah is correct – your Publix should not have accepted that price-match. It doesnt matter if you can cut it out – its not a coupon. its a price match.

• Lisa says

Jennifer, I work at the Customer Service Desk at my local Publix, but don’t official speak for them here. With that said, I would have gladly accepted your Albertson’s coupon. I know exactly what you’re referring to, because I used a similar coupon recently for Cheez-It’s during the same week that Publix had them BOGO. Instead of paying the full price for the first item, I paid 99 cents. Then got the second item free. Then applied a $1/2 MQ and actually had a penny overage. Can’t tell you how thrilled I was to have spotted that overage all by myself — it was a first for me! Anyway, we’ve been trained that if it’s specifically a coupon (says COUPON on it) then we can accept a competitor’s q allowing you to purchase an item for $$. But it’s true that we don’t price match, so it has to be one of those occasional actual coupons Alberton’s includes in their ads, not just a sale price highlighted with a dotted line around it.

17. coupons090 says

happy, i love it when a store takes the time to spell it out for us ,it shows they care.confusion = unhappiness.i am a big fan of one rule for all stores it helps so much. i shop all over the place, well, ga and fla anyways.the private brand, prescription and those target coupons that say get a 5.00 gift card with purchase are new for me and will be awesome,to see what i can do with those! publix is really the only store that is even slightly interested in their coupon shoppers.iheartpublix

18. Holly says

Does this mean if we get a Target pharmacy coupon – like the $10 gift card for a new or transferred prescription – we can use it at Publix? I had never even thought of that, but I’ve got one about to expire (and my husband’s getting a new prescription tomorrow!). Our Target is 15-20 minutes away, but our Publix is only two minutes, and this would be an awesome timesaver & deal!

19. NIKKI says

I am in love with the part about
    Private Label
    Q: Will Publix accept a competitor’s coupon for a private label item?

THIS IS AWESOME MY STORE NEVER SAID YES NOW I HAVE PROOF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Krista says

Thank you for posting this. I did not know that you could use expired coupons with a rain check . This makes me happy!

21. LuvSavings says

Love the rainck n coup clarfication! I wasnt aware of that. the only change for me would be the bogo coup attaching to both items but not a biggie..rarely did that any way. Sooooo grateful to publix! Too many positives here to even consider a negative! I also wasnt aware of the gift card deal. I am curious why some stores accept target and not others. Our store is next door to target and they wont accept target. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

• angie says

THERE IS A TARGET IN BETWEEN TWO PUBLIX STORE WHICH THEY MIGHT BE 5 MILES APART AND ARE STILL NOT CONSIDERED COMPETITORS :( AS OF SUNDAY THAT TARGET OPENED THEIR PRODUCE SECTION AND A BIGGER GROCERY AREA – SO I HOPE WE GET THE EXCITING NEWS THEY ARE CONSIDERING THEM COMPETITORS. SAVE A LOT IS CONSIDER COMPT, BUT ITS ABOUT 10 MILES FROM ONE STORE AND 5 MILES FROM THE OTHER STORE. I LOVE THE RAINCHECK/EXPIRED COUPONS.

• Crazedmommyof3 says

My neighborhood Publix has been less than two miles from a Target store for over 10 years. It took about 1 year after Target opened the “expanded grocery section” for my Publix to accept Target as a competitor

22. shelley Brown says

Question… when talking about the new PRIVATE LABEL Q’s…say I print a q for Target Market Pantry Chicken nuggets and Publix happens to have a store (sale) or q for Publix chicken nuggets…could I use both Target private q and a Publix store q to purchase publix chicken nuggets ?? I havent been couponing very long but has there ever been a store q for a store brand item?

23. nicole says

Now if they would only update their policy on what competitors they accept. Because that is NOT company wide. I thought it was supposed to be based on within a 5 mile radius… My publix is DIRECTLY next to a Target… yet they will not accept target coupons.

• Lele says

I’m in the same boat in Florida, Target is about 500 feet from my Publix, but they don’t accept coupons from them.

• says

Is the Target a super-Target (with fresh produce and other similar perishable grocery items) or just a regular Target with a small nonperishable food section? Super-Targets would likely be more of a competitor than regular Targets.

My Publix is across from a regular Target and also doesn’t take them as a competitor, but I would also never even consider grocery shopping at Target, so I support their not taking Target Qs as competitor Qs.

24. Koni says

I am saddened by the BOGO policy…I think this will be a real downer for everyone…I believe I should be able to use a cent off coupon on the product I am actually buying…but alas, it’s no longer to be…but then again, you never know…after all CVS had just stated the same policy a few months ago and look how they changed it back to being ok to use a cents off with a bogo…so I’m going to bide my time…

• Lisa says

Koni, I’m confused! You and several others have mentioned that you’re sad the BOGO policy has changed, but I can’t see where it has. Can anyone enlighten me? What am I missing???

25. Deb says

This policy has been in effect since may.This was all part of the q&a info packets that were sent to all the store managers last may. Only problem was they didnt make it known to the customers to recently.luckily a ver nice manager made me a copy of it about 7 months ago.needless to say i had to whip it out on many a cashier and c/s rep lol.

• Miami Gardens says

LOL!!! Whip that bad boy out every time and watch the shock, when they realize you know the coupon policy better than they do. That’s what I do!!! Did it today with a clueless cashier, when it came to the raincheck and expired coupon scenario.

26. Rachael says

My Publix has always accepted private label q’s…as far as I can tell, nothing new for me but it’s great to have it verified. Thanks for sharing!

27. Melissa says

I didnt know they would take expired coupons with the rain checks. I usually just hung on to them again until more coupons for that item came out. Thats awesome. Now does anyone know if it is like that at any other stores ? say walgreens?

• Holly says

I didn’t know this as well about Publix! :) CVS is also VERY awesome about this, however Walgreeens has always told me no.

28. Lisa says

I am really excited about this. I am sad that you can’t use the BOGO with another coupon for the one you are actually buying but very happy to find out you can use a competitor q for a store item on a publix item and that you can use expired q’s with rainchecks. I love me some Publix!!!

• Jenn says

I just did this with Milk Bites: I used one Milk Bite B1G1 coupon, and used a manufacturers coupon for the one I actually ‘bought’. Is the new policy saying they will no longer do that?

29. Summer says

I’m thrilled that they will take expired coupons that were valid when the raincheck was written, I’ve missed out on many a deal due to no stock and then the coupons expire. I’ll definitely be printing that out!

30. Angela T says

I’m confused. There are Publix store BOGO coupons – how do they work now? They are NOT manufacturer. I usually have to get a friend to explain how these things work. These deals mean what I can and can’t provide for my family, so it’s very important I understand because of the consequences. And I’m not the only one who is in this boat. Some of us are the ones who need it the most.

• Janet says

my guess is that they will do like they did for the Kraft Breadcrumbs and cheese this week. take the bogo and take manufacturer coupons for each item, because the BOGO coupon is a store coupon.

• veronica says

i wish i had that store coupon but i paid $1.00 per package, still not bad with just my manufacturer coupon

31. Sarah says

It is great to have the policies explained. Besides Private Selection will Kroger’s Wholesome@Home and Mirra Daily coupons be accepted? What other Kroger brand coupons are accepted?

32. Michelle says

So about the pharmacy coupons… if I have a new Albertsons coupon for a $20 gift card with a new or transferred prescription, can I use that at Publix if my store accept Albertons as a competitor? Also does it have to be for a continuously refilling prescription, or can it be for a one time fill? Thanks for any help.

• Lisa says

Michelle, the Q&A page on Publix.com says that “Publix accepts coupons for prescriptions from all local retail pharmacies.” So it doesn’t matter if your store accepts Albertsons as a competitor or not. And your coupons says “new or transferred” and doesn’t specify routine or one-time fill, so I would expect that it wouldn’t make any difference.

33. RN1 says

So I got a coupon that says get a $5 Target gift card when you spend $75…I can use that at Publix is the way i am reading this. What do y’all think?

34. tbb says

Love it. At one of the Publix I shop at we have a store manager that refuses to honor any gift card offers from a competitor. woo hoo can’t wait until the next gift card offer is out. Love the expired manufacturer coupon for a rain ck too. Finally some definitive answers from publix. Sad about the piggy back for a bogo – but oh well, can’t have it all.

35. debbimac says

okay I have a 5/50 publix and a 5/30 one of my publix would not take it?they said i would have to purchase 80 is this correct

36. Patty says

Can anyone tell me if I have a $3.00 off $30.00 publix coupon and $5.00 off $30.00 Winn Dixie coupon. Do I need to spend $30.00 or $60.00 to use both of them in the same transaction?

37. Andrea says

Not liking the BOGO Q rule. Am I understanding this correct? Just last week I combined that P and G BOGO Q where you had to buy one Olay facial cleaner and get a body wash for free and I used that with a 3$ off 2 facial cleaners. So, I got 2 facial wipes (minus 3$ off 2) and got 2 body washes for free. Should this not have been allowed….a little confused

• Honest Couponer says

Sorry, Andrea, but no, that shouldn’t have happened. A BOGO coupon involves both items, so only a store coupon could be used with those same two items.

38. Dee says

I wish they’d clarify the $/$$ competitor and publix coupons. One publix here takes both if they are for $30 and I spend over $30. The other wants me to spend the combined total.

39. Jennifer M says

One thing I have a question about is if I have two $5/30 winn dixie coupons, can I used them on a $60 order at publix? I find it much easier than shopping twice a week (which I do anyways sometimes for out of stock items). I’ve heard it both ways … so confusing!

• says

if you have 60 dollar purchase at publix you can use 2 of the 5/30 from winndixie in one transaction. Just learning from our publix here. By the way the manager approves that way, you can check your local publix.My friend uses 3 of hers tonight at our publix with her 100 dollar purchase.

• jennifer says

The Publix I go to does not accept multiple Winn Dixie 5/30 coupons because the coupon states “one coupon per transaction”. They allow a $/$ Publix coupon to be added to this so long as the total transaction equals 30+ whatever the Publix coupon states is needed. Example. One Winn Dixie coupon 5/30 and one Publix coupon 2/10 means you have to purchase at least $40. But you may only use one of each because of the one coupon per transaction that is stated on the coupon.

• JeffVL says

Actually, if you do it in one transaction – you’re right. But then you’d be wrong – when it comes to saving money. Why do one transaction? Separate them to use all three coupons. And if the mgr or corporate realizes this… why make multiple credit card transactions – if it’s cash or check or… Publix wouldn’t need to pay 3 credit card charges … and waste a little more receipt paper … and hold up the line … and … ok that’s enuf

40. veronica says

i think the clarity is awesome. i’m glad to see they will accept other store brand(private label) coupons AND most importantly take my expired coupon if I have a raincheck on that day it wasa on sale. great!!! thsnkyou because i don’t frequently check the policy for updates.

41. missy says

when they say private label, does this mean they would take $3 off winndixie Kuddles diaper coupon? or a $1 of Target Market Pantry juice???

OMMGG

42. Jackie says

Happy about the private label and rain check policy.
    Not at all happy about no more triple stacks, i.e., publix, competitor and manufacturers. In florida we dont have coupon doubling and being able to triple stack like that really helped my bottom line.

• tala says

Wow. Don’t say for all FL. :) I am vey happy since Publix starts to have an office coupon policy because they start accepting Target coupons. I have no luck before to find any stores in Ft. Lauderdale area ( 6 stores) who would take it. Even though some people were saying that they used Target coupons in Publix before, it was more to find a friend manager there who would do it. Now I have no problem to use copouns on BOGO. From time to time I have to wait about 15-20 minutes until a manager or customer service suppervisor would come and explain to their “smart cashiers” that they can do it. And do you know what is amazing? You can come to the same cashier for months and she still would make a face that she doesn’t know anything about taking coupons for BOGO items. I guess some of them just envy when we are saving money. I share with some of them websites and coupons, but they don’t want to do homework, just want to save money. :)

• JeffVL says

At what store were you “triple stack”ing coupons. I’m in FL “north & south” and have not been in a store that “triple stacks”.

43. Laura says

Hmm, I went last night to buy a raincheck item because my coupon was expiring that day. The item was still out of stock so I asked cust service if she could write on my RC to still accept the coupon later but she said no way. Per her the rule is for expired “publix store coupons ONLY”. She said I was out of luck since mine were manufacturer.

44. Sophie says

Sorry if I missed this question somewhere. Re the BOGO coupons… I understand about not using a cents off MQ on either item, but can we still use a BOGO MQ on a BOGO sale item and get both free?

45. Christine H. says

I love these new explanations! I often do not bother with a Raincheck because I expect my coupon to have expired by the time the item is restocked! I know now that I can save even more money!!! (Do you know if they will do the same with Publix Store coupons?)

• rachel j. says

i believe that they will accept any expired coupon with a raincheck item, as long as the coupon (or coupons) was valid when the raincheck was issued.

• Marty says

I am excited about this one, too! I would typically cross an item off my list just because the PQ or MQ was expiring the next day (I typically shop on Tuesday, just before my add resets).

• Jazzmyn says

Me three!!! I am always upset when I have to get a raincheck on a good sale only to realize the coupon will expire before they restock. This is awesome news, as well as the Private Label rule. I like Publix brand items anyway!!! Thanks Michelle

46. ashley says

So wait… Does the private label thing mean I can use all those coupons on Target.com for Archer Farms for Publix brands? I don’t get it…Or would It need to be, for example, I can use a coupon for a 20 oz. loaf of WD bread on a 20 oz. loaf of Publix bread?

• Lisa says

I’ve left a message for my Customer Service Manager (I work at the Customer Service Desk at my Publix), asking for clarification. She may want to bump this question up to corporate.

But in the meantime, I’m not a Target expert, but I consider Archer Farms to be their private label. If I were presented with a Target.com coupon (Target is a competitor for my store) for a 20oz loaf of Archer Farms bread, I would definitely accept it for a 20oz loaf of Publix brand bread (and if the coupon spells out the flavor, you’d have to choose the same in Publix brand). Basically, we’ve been told that when handling competitor coupons we have to follow all of the fine print.

Hope that helps, and I’ll post here again after I hear back from my CSM.

• Lisa says

Ashley, yes, you can use Archer Farms coupons for Publix brand items, as long as you follow all of the other details on the coupon, such as package size, flavor etc. And yes, you can also use your WD 20oz loaf of bread coupon for a Publix brand 20oz loaf of bread. Assuming, of course, that your store accepts both Target and WD coupons.

47. nellie says

BOGO Clarification:
    If it is a BOGO sale – you can use up to 2 $ man qs and 2 $ store/competitor q’s – or BOGO man q and $ store/competitor q.

if it is a BOGO man q – you can still use 2 $ store/competitor q’s

if it is a BOGO store/competitor q – you can use up to 2 $ man q’s

RIGHT?????

• Lisa says

Yes, you’re right, but I’ve added some additional clarification, marked with parentheses () for each change. The best case scenario has each mq valid when you purchase one item.

If it is a BOGO sale – you can use up to 2 $ man qs and 2 $ store/competitor q’s – or (1) BOGO man q and (up to 2) $ store/competitor q.

if it is a BOGO man q – you can still use (up to) 2 $ store/competitor q’s

if it is a BOGO store/competitor q – you can use up to 2 $ man q’s

48. Monique says

Wow I didn’t know that about the raincheck and expired q’s. That is super awesome and good to know. Thanks :)

49. Theresa says

Our Publix Pharmacy in Lynn Haven, FL is not accepting any competitor coupons. I was informed of this when I went to fill a new script. They said it was a corporate decision.

• Lisa says

Theresa, we’re talking about script coupons, not coupons for other items, right? If so, maybe give the new policy refinements some time to trickle down to the stores, and then ask again. And if you still get a negative response, it might be time to print a copy of the Q&A page from the Publix.com website and show it to the store manager.

50. debbie says

ok, question here. i went to the publix in my neighborhood today that i always shop at and had an issue using stacked dollar off coupons……….if i have a $5 off publix when you spend 50 and a $5 off WD when you spend $30, do i have to spend $80 to use them both in the same transaction? Publx policy states that you can use 2 dollar off coupons in one transaction which i have always done in the past and have never had an issue…….

• Lisa says

We (I work at the Service Desk at Publix) have been trained that in your scenario, you have to spend $80. Keep in mind that many competitors apply their $ off total order coupons AFTER all other coupons and discounts are applied. And Publix cashiers have to follow the fine print on competitor coupons.

51. Melinda says

Here’s a question for you all:

If you have a Manufacturer coupon for a FREE product, can you still use a Publix or Competitor coupon on that same product to get overage??

Thanks!!!

• Lisa says

Wow, these are a lot of really good questions! Again, if I were assisting you at the Service Desk, then I’d say Yes, you can.

52. Den says

So, I understand we have been taking about the changes to the $$ off policy and going with the stricker requirements but MY QUESTION IS, if the competitor’s $$ off state minimum of $50 must be met after all discounts- Does discount here also includes coupons?
    The competitor did not specify(JUST MENTIONED DISCOUNTS, NOT DISCOUNTS AND/OR COUPONS)and publix did. On our publix receipts , there’s that little summary that states store or vendor coupon, and special savings. Thus when I think of discounts, I’m thinking the difference between regular and sale price for that week. so now I’m a little confused as this can make or break my shopping trip next sale week. Please help. Thanks.

53. Rachel says

For the stores that double Q’s up to .50 cents- does that only apply to manufacturer’s Q’s or will they double competitor’s Q’s as well?

54. sharon says

If there is a publix coupon for 1.99 off of two items and I also have 2 manufacturer’s coupons for those two items, can I use all three coupons on the 2 products? I’m confused about this. Thanks for any help.

55. Jasmine says

I was just curious as to where everyone found Albertson’s coupons? My Publix takes them as a competitor and I live semi-close to one, I just don’t know where to find them :(

56. derek says

Confused here!
    My Publix DOES NOT consider Food Lion as a competitor, however, I have a Food Lion $2.00 off Food Lion meat. Will Publix accept this coupon since it is an opportunity for me to purchase Publix brand meat?? TIA