Big Boss Oil-Less Fryer…What Do You Think?

groupon-deal

Groupon has a deal today on a Big Boss oil-less fryer for $79 (reg $166.65). I have to say as soon as I saw this I was intrigued…how cool that you would be able to “fry” things without oil! Has anyone had any experience with this….what do you think?

If you want to check out the deal, head over here – it looks like you get the Big Boss oil-less fryer, a mesh basket, 2 grill racks, and Oil mister sprayer, a 3″ extender ring, Lifting tongs, a recipe book, and a cooking guide for $79. There is an additional $8 shipping fee when you checkout…but if this thing works well that’s not a bad deal!

Comments

1. Katherine says

Couldn’t you just spray your food with oil and bake? I have a Misto oil sprayer and that’s what I do- gives an extra crispiness without deep frying and you only use a very small amount of oil.

• says

That is what I usually do. I do very very little frying here at my house who wants all that oil or the cleanup from it!!

I have to admit that I am a gadgety person and love fun new toys…so it kinda grabbed my attention –tee hee!!

• Mary Frantz says

I want this, got to save up the money to buy it:( I also am a Kitchen gadgety :). Always looking a new things, drive my husband crazy, but he is great about it. Mary

• Brigitte says

How do you do that? Do you just bake your chicken or whatever and then you spray it with oil and it is crispy?

• Katherine says

Brigitte, give it a spray before you put it in the oven and then again the last few minutes. Works SO well on breadcrumb-type toppings!

Michelle, I’m a gadget person too! I went to Sur la Table a few weeks back and it was gadget overload! (as a side note, I didn’t realize you were in Douglasville! I moved recently from Villa Rica) :)

• says

I just got home from the villa rica burger king…I have 2 extra kids tonight so i let them run around for almost two hours in hopes they go to sleep tonight :-)

2. Lynsey says

I have an older model one, I have never tried to “fry” anything but it makes an awesome turkey breast in no time. No one in my house eats dark meat so I buy just the breast. I lift the skin and put pepper and garlic powder under it and then just let it go. Comes out with yummy crispy skin and a juicy bird !!

3. Joy says

My husband works at a store that sells these and he got to try out all kinds of stuff when the rep came. He said everything was really yummy! He had fried chicken and french fries and said it was great.

4. Jenn says

Guess I live a sheltered life – I’ve never heard of this gadget! If you told me it would make chicken tender & taste like Chick-fil-A though, I’d probably buy it in a heartbeat, LOL!!

5. Jennifer Edmondson says

My mother in law bought one of these things, and we grilled a few things in it and even put a tv dinner in it, it works pretty good, its pretty much a convection oven just different shaped. would i have bought it myself? probably not, but i have one now beccause she couldnt figure out how to use it lol

6. Lauren says

I have the Sharper Image version of this thing and we LOVE it! We call it the space ship, b/c the light flashes on and off while it cooks. Everything comes out PERFECT! Mostly,I bread chicken and put it in for 30 min. Moist on the inside and SUPER crispy on the outside. I love it!!

7. Daniel says

I purchased this via Groupon. Couldn’t pass up the opportunity to go back to cooking more fried foods. I’m on a health kick, so I’ve had to cut most of them out. But God knows, I have been missing the taste. Now I just have to figure out how to stay patient till it gets here!

8. Trinity t says

We also have the sharper image version of it. Awesomenesssss! We don’t have to thaw steaks! Just stick em in frozen and not only does it cook it but it comes out juicy!!!!! We’ve made pork chops in it. Cinnamon rolls. Grilled chicken. Its a great addition to our gadgets. Only thing is pizzas don’t comes out with a crispy crust. You have to make popcorn in small amounts. And French fries are yummy but tideous.but who needs to eat all that junk anyway! Lol. It cooks all the meat beautifully!

9. erica says

Walmart carries them now for around $80. And as far as cleaning on the video on the website it shows it to be self cleaning. U put water and soap in it and it swirls around. Pretty neat. Thinking of getting my dad one. He.has to avoid fried foods because of cholesterol levels.

• bb says

Yes I just looked it up and it is $79 just like the groupon and you won’t have to spend the $8 in shipping :)

10. Martha Hutsell says

Thanks for all the comments on this product. I think it might be worth a try. I received the Groupon deal also and was very interested but wanted to get opinions before I bought it…Love this site also.

11. Roxane Miller says

I ordered one..Can’t wait to get it and try it..we love to make boneless wings, mozz sticks and poppers, but hate the grease. Make sure you go thru your ebates account to get cash back also..

12. Cara says

Thank you for the reviews. I, also, saw the Groupon and wanted to get one. Glad to see positive reviews! Can’t wait to get it and try it out.

Does it have a timer that will turn the cooker off when the time is up?

Thanks again!

13. robin.ingram says

It seems like some people are referring g to the big boss counter top oven. The grouping I’d for the oil free fryer. They’re different

14. says

I just got mine from Groupon. Tried to make french fries last nite-lousy. Tried again this AM-the potatoes didn’t cook and turned brown (like when you leave them out unpeeled). Am I doing something wrong?

• sassyjan says

Does anyone know how long and what temp to cook beef kabobs in the big boss ??? I just went to the store and bought this and want to make some kabobs in it /

15. Carlos says

What is the Safety of this product?? is it good to be eating foods that are cooked in this manner ??

16. ThomasSVT says

This is the exact same thing as the Big Boss Rapid Wave over..exactly the same (except for the little mesh basket they include to make it look like a deep fryer). And essential, it is the same as a NuWave oven. They just added oil-less fryer to it to make it seem different. (I tried all 3). It is great..just no different than the rest

17. Angie Wells says

Bought my Big Boss fryer. Great bacon, sausage, pork roast, steamed veggies, warmed leftovers. Only thing that turned bad was french fries, roasted garlic potatoes and a cake. Been fun experimenting though.