I love having little get togethers. There is nothing like gathering a bunch of friends together to chit chat and catch up on life. Whether you are hosting a playgroup, having a scrapbooking party or maybe a mom's night off the last thing most of us want to do is spend all day prepping the food!
The folks at Chex sent me a great package full of different Chex cereals and all kinds of goodies to throw a Chex Party Mix-Change. I typically do cookie exchanges but this time I decided to shake it up a bit and go with Chex recipes!
I have to admit that I cheated a bit. Instead of having the different Chex mix recipes made ahead of time. I bought all of the ingredients and as part of the party, my friends helped me make our snacks! It never fails that whenever I have friends over we spend most of the time gathered around the kitchen...so this was a perfect. I printed up some 3 recipes and my friends divided up and we made some delicious snacks!
I went with the Original Chex Party Mix, Chex PB & Chocolate Blast and Chex Pumpkin Pie Crunch. Each of the recipes were super quick and easy! Before we knew it we had HUGE bowls of sweet and savory snacks ready for munching!
This might be my new favorite holiday exchange! Instead of spending hours in the kitchen creating cookies, a Chex Party Mix-Change is definitely the way to go. Need some ideas on ways to serve your Chex Mix here are a few for you:
- Cello Gorgeous! – Packaging your favorite Chex Party Mix recipes in cellophane bags is simple and cute. And, they’re endlessly customizable to add personal touches.
- It’s My Party – Flip a party hat upside down, line it with cellophane and it instantly becomes a festive cone-shaped container.
- Chex Cupcakes – Arrange cupcake liners filled with Chex Party Mixes neatly in a box.
- Chex-To-Go – Packaging Chex Party Mix recipes in a takeout container is quick and easy to “carry out.” We’re including 10 of these in your prize pack to help you get started!
- Tin Tower – Tin is “in” when it comes to creating a hip holiday container for Chex Party Mix-Change guests. Discover oodles of holiday tins at craft or dollar stores.
We put a huge dent in the Chex Mixes that we made, but I did have a surprise for my friends. The folks at Chex sent me some cute take out boxes. I did make some of my favorite party mix - Chex Muddy Buddies and had pre-packed it for my girlfriends to take home as a little treat! No one left empty handed!
- 5 boxes of Chex cereal to create Chex Party Mix recipes
- 5 featured Chex Party Mix recipes
- 10 takeout containers so your guests can take their Chex Party Mix to-go
- $20 gift card to purchase recipe ingredients and decorating supplies
Entry is simple! You just need to complete the task below! You can gain up to 2 bonus entries as well (just make sure that you leave one entry for each one — up to a total of 3 comments.) As a reminder, comments left on Facebook, Twitter or other posts will not be included. I will choose the winner on Monday 11/14 at 11 pm. So the winner will have time to plan their party!!
- How would you plan to put a fresh spin on the traditional cookie swap at your Chex Party Mix-Change?
Disclosure: The Chex Party Mix-Change product, information, and giveaway have been provided by Chex through MyBlogSpark