Penny Item

pennyitem
This week’s penny item is Publix Tortilla Chips.

The penny item coupon is now valid for one day –the day your ad begins (Wednesday or Thursday). The actual coupon can be found in the newspaper on your penny item day!  Florida does not participate in the penny item promotion. Let me know if your store offers a different item!

Comments

1. Meghan says

Amber, I asked my store manager about it today and she said it is in the actual paper…not in the Publix Ad. In our paper, she said it would be found somewhere near the obits.

2. Kimberly says

I live in the metro Atlanta area, but in Barrow County where the sale starts on Wednesday, and we do not get the AJC out here. Will the coupon be in the newspaper on both Wed & Thurs since the sale dates vary around the metro area? If I’m going to drive to get the paper, I want to make sure I get the right one. Anyone have any ideas on this?

3. Colleen Neel says

I’m not liking the change to Wed! Our ad starts today in TN and I’m not ready yet with all my coupons plus Wed is a busy day for me too… so I didn’t get it today:( which is a bummer as my husband lives on tortilla chips!

4. Dana in Alabama says

I finally found ours in the Birmingham News on page 4A (this is after I combed through the entire section with the obits and all the fliers that came with the paper). I have to say, I hope it’s not going to be a scavenger hunt every week!

5. Christine in Carrollton, GA says

I don’t subscribe to our local paper and can’t see paying .50 to get a coupon for the free item, which is only good for one day… Not very happy with this change!

6. says

Our local paper had the coupon on page 7A and it cost $.70. I did it today but many times it won’t be worth it for the coupon. I emailed Publix that I wasn’t happy with this change. Do you think if all of us email, they will change it back to Sunday?

7. natalie says

I finally found mine in the living section of the Atlanta Journal. I had to dig it out of the trash, thanks to the above comments telling me to look in the actual paper!!! Publix must be trying to limit the number of penny items it sells now…..

8. Claire - Acworth, GA says

I was told at my Publix (Governor’s Town Square, Acworth, GA) that they will not require the coupon to recieve the item. Just a minimum $10 purchase on Thursday.

9. Cecilia says

I went into Publix and didn’t have a penny item coupon. As they haven’t required it before and they said they now were told they have to have the coupon. I don’t like the change in day eithter. I don’t get the daily paper, just the Sunday paper. It’s just very frustrating. Hopefully they will change it back.

10. Beth says

I just wrote Publix and told them how upset I was about the penny coupon change. I suggested they continue to run it on Sundays but dated for Wednesday/Thursday.

11. Ellen says

At my Publix on Cedercrest Road and Hwy 41 (Dallas, GA) they told me the coupon will not be in the AJC but in the Paulding County Neighbor or the Marietta Daily Journal.